- Product Overview
- Benefits of ACCEL-E Wall Panel
- Sustainability Advantages
- Architectural & Technical Resources
- Project Gallery / Case Studies
Raise the performance of exterior walls.
Architects and contractors aspire to build better buildings more efficiently and affordably, and today, a “better” building is one that maximizes energy efficiency for the life of a building.
The SYNTHEON ACCEL-E Steel Thermal Efficient Panel wall system combines framing and insulation, making the construction of highly energy-efficient buildings easier, faster, and more affordable than ever before.
ACCEL-E improves the way exterior walls are built by reducing framing and insulating processes down to one step.
Best of all, ACCEL-E doesn’t force architects to change the way they design walls or limit choice in exterior cladding types. Nor does ACCEL-E require contractors to learn new construction methods or invest in specialized equipment.
In fact, ACCEL-E is intentionally built with the very same time-tested building materials that building professionals know and trust, ensuring that system unfamiliarity is never a reason or excuse for not constructing better buildings.
Build Faster and More Efficiently With ACCEL-E
Building more efficiently helps to ensure a faster return on investment. ACCEL-E is the fastest, most efficient way to build high performance exterior walls. Compared to traditional wall assemblies, ACCEL-E:
- Dramatically reduces construction time up to 66% and labor cost 50-88%.
- Enables buildings to get dried-in in a third of the time, allowing interior trades to commence work sooner.
- Panels arrive on the jobsite engineered and fabricated for a given project with pre-cuts for windows and doors.
- Features an open cavity and pre-punched knockout slots into the studs, which provides easy access for plumbers, electricians and HVAC contractors.
- Lightweight panels require no specialized tools or cranes.
ACCEL-E Outperforms All Other Wall Systems
- Insulation - ACCEL-E panels insulate outboard of the wall cavity with superior insulating EPS and thermally-slotted stud design, vastly reducing thermal bridging.
- Design Compatibility - ACCEL-E readily supports direct connections for exterior products without compromising its thermal performance.
- Resistance - Unlike batt insulation, ACCEL-E's robust EPS is unaffected by moisture and is mold resistant.
- Accessiblity - The open cavity design of ACCEL-E allows electrical, plumbing and mechanicals to be easily installed without impacting air and thermal performance.
ACCEL-E Exceeds Thermal Codes for Every Climate Zone
Until recently, the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) only provided a prescriptive Product R-Value provision for insulating steel stud-framed walls. This provision requires minimum product R-values by climate zone, determined by adding the R-value of cavity insulation to the R-value of rigid outboard continuous insulation. Minimum prescribed Product R-values are intentionally inflated so that a reasonably efficient effective R-value is achieved once ASHRAE 90.1 correction factors are applied. For example, in order to achieve an Effective R-value of 13.5, the prescriptive code calls for a Product R-value of 20.5. By contrast, an efficient 8” ACCEL-E panel provides a far more robust Effective R-value 17, surpassing code requirements for the most stringent climate zones, 4-8, by 26%.
A New Performance-Based Code
Now, IECC 2009 also provides a performance-based U-Factor provision to encourage the adoption of innovative, more energy- and material-efficient wall systems like ACCEL-E. This IECC performance provision 502.1.2 calls for a maximum tested U-Factor for an exterior wall assembly for specific climate zones. U-Factor is a measurement – from 0 to 1 – of heat’s ability to be transmitted through a building envelope. The lower the U-factor, the greater a building envelope’s resistance to heat transfer and the better its insulating properties.
- EPS foam is an excellent thermal insulation material and can return
up to 200 times the amount of energy required to produce it
- Helps lower heating and cooling costs
- Creates a more comfortable indoor living environment
- Exceeds the latest ASHRAE and IECC requirements
Non-Toxic and Safe
- Contains no Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), Hydrofluorocarbons (HCFCs) or VOCs
- Creates no pathogenic dust
- No health danger during installation
- Certified for Indoor Air Quality by the GREENGUARD® Environmental Institute
- EPS insulation can be recycled in a number of ways
- Contains recycled content and is 100% recyclable
- Will not rust, rot or decompose
- Requires no maintenance
- Insulation won’t shrink, settle, outgas or diminish air quality
- Pre-cut to the specific requirements of your project
- Pre-cut window and door openings
- Pre-cut headers and jambs
- Open cavity and pre-punched knockouts for electrical and plumbing mechanical trades
Mold and Moisture Resistant
- Will not support mold growth
- Resists moisture absorption
SYNTHEON Inc. recently received a Code Compliance Research Report (CCRR) on the ACCEL-E wall system (CCRR-0121). A CCRR provides the evidence, technical information, and professional evaluation that a building official relies upon to determine that a product, component, or method of construction complies with a specified code. The new report shows ACCEL-E's properties in terms of structural performance, fire resistance, acoustical performance and thermal performance. The report also documents compliance with both the IBC and IRC codes.
The ACCEL-E Steel Thermal Efficient Panel wall system has been Certified for Indoor Air Quality by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute. In order to be GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®, the EPS insulating material in the ACCEL-E wall system was screened for more than 10,000 different volatile organic compounds, and found to emit the fewest possible chemicals into the indoor environment.
By using products bearing the GREENGUARD Certification mark, architects, designers and specifiers can be assured these products have been independently verified to meet some of the most rigorous chemical emissions standards in the world.
The GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI), a non-profit American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Authorized Standards Developer, oversees the GREENGUARD Certification Program[SM].
- This product has been certified to meet the standard for chemical emissions for building materials, finishes and furnishings - Download Certificate
- This product has been certified GOLD to meet the standard for chemical emissions for building materials, finishes and furnishings - Download Certificate
- Declaration of Compliance
The ACCEL-E Steel Thermal Efficient Panel wall system has been approved for use by the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation for use in HVHZ (High Velocity Hurricane Zones), these zones include Miami Dade. Our FL number is FL15165.
Architectural & Technical Resources
- ACCEL-E Product Brochure (pdf)
- ACCEL-E Warranty (pdf)
- ACCEL-E Installation Guide (pdf)
- ACCEL-E Specs at a Glance
- 3 Part Spec Sheet: Pre-Fabricated Wall Panel Assemblies
Masterformat: 04 SECTION 07 42 63
.doc | .pdf
- Code Compliance Research Report (CCRR-0121) - Provides the evidence, technical information, and professional evaluation that a building official relies upon to determine that a product, component, or method of construction complies with a specified code. The new report shows ACCEL-E's properties in terms of structural performance, fire resistance, acoustical performance and thermal performance. The report also documents compliance with both the IBC and IRC codes.
- Best Design Practice Sheet (pdf)
- CAD Details
- General Panel Load Guidelines (pdf)
- Fire Resistance Properties
- Example Architectural Wall Sections & Details (pdf)
- Example ACCEL-E Masonry Veneer Relief Details (pdf)
The energy efficiency, sustainability and versatility of the ACCEL-E wall system are just a few reasons why a growing number of building professionals are specifying this innovative wall system for their projects.
Commercial Institutional Educational
Commercial Instutional Educational