Less Weight. Less Wait.
Velocrete™ is the newest product to be released by SYNTHEON. It was developed in conjunction of customer feedback and support. We have consolidated concrete manufacturing to one step: just add water. It is that simple.
A pre-engineered lightweight concrete mix, Velocrete™ truly emphasizes: Less Weight. Less Wait.
· Engineered lightweight for architectural projects – saving unneeded stress on structures and saving money on transportation
· Available in pre-designed normal weight and lightweight densities: 150, 120, 110, 100, 90, and 50 pcf.
· 30 minute set time
· 1.5 hour form removal time – helping you turn molds more quickly
· Challenge us! If there is a project that needs a custom solution, Syntheon can formulate a custom mix of Velocrete™. For a two pallet minimum, you can have a custom solution for your specific project requirements.
Mixing: Mix only the amount of material that can be placed within 15 minutes.
· Empty contents into a wheelbarrow or mortar pan forming a crater in the center for the addition of water. Jobs requiring multiple bags can more easily be mixed using a mechanical mixer.
· Add approximately 2.0 quarts of clean water or enough to achieve a workable mix. Add additional water as needed
· Excess water reduces strength and durability and can cause cracking, dusting, or scaling.
· Rapidly place and consolidate the mix.
· Work into voids and level with a straight edge.
· Use a float to remove surface imperfections.
· Allow mix to stiffen until thumb print hard and the surface water has evaporated. Stiffening time will vary with weather conditions.
· Use a steel trowel or broom to achieve the desired finish.
· Curing means maintaining proper moisture and temperature. The material must be kept continuously moist for several days.
· Covering with plastic is a practical way to help retain moisture. Place plastic after concrete has set.
· If surface appears dry, remove plastic, moisten and replace plastic.
· Keep from freezing for at least 24 hours.
· New concrete can be opened to foot traffic in 6 hours and vehicular traffic in 48 hours.
General Proportions (SYNTHEON may optimize per contractors request)
Cement 35-lbs (entire contents of 1 bag)
Water 6.5-lbs (~3.1 qts)
Add 3.1 quarts of water into mixer followed by all of the concrete into the mixer. Mix for an additional 2-5 minutes, until consistency is achieved. Add the remaining water until desired consistency is achieved. Insure that the slump does not exceed 8-in.
No curing is required. In extreme heat, keep the concrete damp for about one hour. In extreme cold, keep the patches warm until final set is reached.
Clean tools and equipment with clean water immediately after use. Cured material must be removed mechanically.
How much do you need?
A single bag will yield 0.38ft2. To determine the number of bags needed: Multiply Length (feet) X Width (feet) X Depth (inches) and divide by 12. Then divide by 0.38.
Compressive Strength Test Results
Health and Safety
Make certain the most current versions of the product data sheet and SDS are being used
Chemical Ingredient CAS No.
TRADE SECRET TRSN# 02944800-5540p
TRADE SECRET TRSN# 02944800-5061p
Silica Dust 14808-60-7
Carbon Black 1333-86-4
Danger Contains: Quartz (SiO2) (CAS: 14808-60-7), Portland (CAS: 65997-15-1), Quartz (SiO2) <5μm (CAS: 14808-60-7). Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation. May cause cancer. WARNING! This product contains a chemical known in the State of California to cause cancer.
WARNING! This product contains a chemical known in the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. HMIS: *3, 0, 0, X. VOC: 0 g/l.
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Avoid breathing dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapors/ spray. Wash skin thoroughly after handling. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear eye protection/ face protection. Wear protective gloves. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/ attention. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/ attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Store in a well-ventilated place. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND ANIMALS.
NOT FOR INTERNAL CONSUMPTION.
Limited Warranty Notice
Every reasonable effort is made to apply exacting standards both in the manufacture of “Velocrete ” product and in the information, which we issue concerning these products and their use. We warrant our products to be good quality and will replace or, at our election, refund the purchase price of any products proved defective. Satisfactory results depend not only on quality products, but also upon many factors beyond our control. Therefore, except for such replacement or refund, SYNTHEON makes no warranty or guarantee, express or implied, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability, respecting its products, and SYNTHEON shall have no other liability with respect thereto. Any claim regarding product defect must be received in writing within one year from the date of shipment. No claim will be considered without such written notice or after the specified time interval. User shall determine the suitability of the products for the intended use and assume all risks and liability in connection therewith. Any authorized change in the printed recommendations concerning the use of our products must bear the signature of the SYNTHEON technical manager.